Thursday 23 October 2008




Its nice to be a bit more settled in Cluj. I went to the painting department and also to the video department and I am begining to get some ideas for my projects. The architecture in Cluj is striking. In the centre the buildings are painted all sorts of colours and demand your attention! There is a huge contrast between those which are beautifully constructed and the starkness of the communist constuctions in the city. There are many churches in Cluj and it is common to see people, young and old, making the sign of the cross gesture when they pass a church. The first time I saw a lady on the bus doing it I thought she maybe thought I had a bomb in my rucksack! The other thing I see a lot of in Cluj is the old style Dacia's. They are quite a car it appears!

No comments: